Needs and Seeds Survey on Waste Management in Oil and Gas Producing Countries
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company（ADNOC）Head Office
View from ADNOC meeting room
Meeting with a Qatar environmental consulting company
- Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (JOGMEC)
- Middle East & Southeast Asia
- 2018 – 2019
In oil-producing countries, sustainable and environmentally conscious oil and natural gas development is required, and the proper management, treatment and disposal of various hazardous wastes from oil and natural gas development sites has become an important issue.
On the other hand, Japan has learned lessons from past environmental pollution incidents and acquired advanced technologies for treatment and disposal of industrial waste, and is making progress in establishing a recycling-based society, so Japan's waste management methods and corresponding technologies are expected to be introduced to other countries.
Based on the above background, this study was conducted to the fact-finding survey of hazardous waste management in the National Oil Companies of the oil-producing countries in the Middle East and Southeast Asia to identify “needs”, and to investigate and organize “seeds” of countermeasures technologies in Japan to these issues in order to reduce the environmental burden and to propose technologies to reduce operating costs.
- Middle Eastern countries (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Iran and Iraq)
- Southeast Asian countries (Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam)
- Fact-finding Survey of Waste Management in National Oil Companies
- Research on laws and regulations for waste management in oil-producing countries
- Survey on practice and effort for Waste Management of Oil Companies in Japan
- Survey of waste treatment and recycling industry in Japan
- Extraction of countermeasure technologies for waste in Japan
- Study and Proposal of the future expansion of technological “seeds” into oil and gas producing countries
The outcome of this project is expected to contribute to solving waste management issues at National Oil Companies in oil-producing countries and Japanese oil development companies operating in the countries, as well as contributing to the global expansion of Japan's high quality technology.
Copyright© Japan Oil Engineering Company Ltd. (JOE), All Rights Reserved